Hey, welcome back . you’re just in time to learn the inside scoop about how to make the best homemade spinach artichoke dip. With your handiwork and a few tips from us you’ll be the everyones favorite this year.
So first things first . you will need to grow a few acres of spinach… Just kidding . Here’s a list of ingredients you will need for this at home masterpiece.
- 15 ounce can of artichoke hearts or quarters, drained
- 12 ounce bag of frozen spinach, completely thawed or lightly microwaved
- 4-5 diced garlic cloves
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- heaping 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste ( about half a lemon squeezed )
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add the artichokes to the bowl of a food processor. If you don’t have a processor you can dice everything by hand with your chef’s knife . Won’t take too long. Make sure to drain off any excess liquid.
- Put the spinach in a colander or mesh strainer and press firmly with the back of a large spoon to remove any excess moisture. Add it to the processor along with the garlic, cheeses , and sour cream. Pulse setting . Scrap down the sides of the bowl if necessary, until everything is processed to a slightly chunky texture. ( Reminder ) Everything can be mixed by hand if you do not have a processor.
- Season the deliciousness to taste with the salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Spread into an oval baking dish such as a gratin dish, or a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Bake for about 45-50 minutes, until hot through, bubbly, and beginning to brown on top. Serve your masterpiece immediately with chips or a thinly sliced baguette.
Tune in next week for more tips and tricks.